Downloading Apps on Kindle Fire

Ahoy, CompuNinja!

Are you able to answer questions about Kindle Fires? If so, I have a question about getting apps on my Kindle, which has just updated to Fire OS 5.3.2.1.

made this topic a personal message #2

I should be able to answer most any questions about Kindle Fires.

Excellent! Okay, well, I’ve had this for a few years, and never used it very much. Today, I decided I need to use it more and went to add the Netflix and Spectrum apps. I click GET, then the DOWNLOAD button, and then I get an error message: “We were unable to process your order. For further details please contact customer support.” Of course, there is no apparent way to contact Customer Support. I just tried to download a word game just to try it out, same response. I’m connected via wifi, and I have access to email and calendar so I know I’m connected. Any ideas, CN?

made this topic public #5

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Confirm your payment methods are up to date.
  3. Make sure your device is connected to your Amazon account.

If these don’t work, wait 24 hours and try again.

For future reference, Amazon Customer Support can be contacted at 1 (888) 280-4331. They do hide their contact information proficiently, but not so well from Google’s web crawlers.

Although Amazon’s Fire OS is based off of Android, it uses Amazon’s own app store and is quite different from stock Android.

I did the 3 things, and then contacted Customer Support. Thank you for the info! What ended up working was going in to Settings, Apps & Games, Manage All Applications, scroll left until ALL list, click on Appstore,then CLEAR DATA. Restart. And now I can download! Thanks for your help!